Terms, Conditions, Policies and Payment Methods
- A guaranteed number of guests is required seven (7) days prior to the event.
- All service charges will be based on actual number of guests served, if more than the guaranteed guests are served.
- Prices are subject to change, but will be guaranteed sixty (60) days prior to the function.
- Substitutions may apply within the sixty (60) day period, depending on market availability and unforeseen circumstances. For further explanation, please speak with your event coordinator.
Invoicing deposits and pricing
- A non-refundable deposit is required withing thirty (30) days of booking.
- Deposit amounts will be determined based on number of rooms/days required.
- 75% of the remaining balance is required seven (7) days before the event.
- For TRU departments an account code is required prior to all catering and events.
- Final invoice will be emailed between five (5) and ten (10) business days after the end of the event.
The deposit is non-refundable. In the event of a situation beyond human control, not induced by negligence, the TRU Conference Centre will not be held responsible. Inclement weather is not a valid cause for cancellation of an event under contract. Written notice (email acceptable) to cancel a space or catering is required. In all cases, food will not be prepared or provided. The following charges will apply:
- 25% of total estimated catering cost at sixty (60) to fifteen (15) days prior to event date
- 50% of total estimated catering cost at fourteen (14) to eight (8) days prior to event date
- 90% of estimated total catering cost at seven (7) days or less
- 100 percent of the room rental at thirty (30) days or less
- Any costs incurred by the university related to your event
Food and beverage policy
- The TRU Conference Centre will be the sole supplier of all food and beverage items in the Campus Activity Centre, Panorama Room and the BC Centre. The only exception will be wedding and special event cakes when full catering is provided by the Conference Centre.
- Based on Interior Health food service standards, high risk food (hot or cold) that have been at room temperature for more than two (2) hours must be disposed of by catering service staff. These food items cannot be removed from the area by the client or guests.
- Food and beverage selection is required fourteen (14) days prior to the event.
- All food and beverage charges are subject to applicable tax and 15% gratuity.
- Children three (3) and under are free.
- For all cash and host bars, a guaranteed minimum revenue of $600 must be generated. If the minimum is not reached, a bartender fee of $175 will be charged OR the difference between the minimum and actual sales; whichever is less. Table wine served at dinner is not calculated in bar revenue.
- Under the terms of the BC Liquor License Act, the management of TRU Catering is prohibited from allowing any individual or group to provide outside alcohol at catered events.
- For all orders from the regular menu, china service will be inclued when the event is held in the Campus Activity Centre.
- All areas outside the Campus Activity Centre and all off-site catering will include a disposable service. China service can be provided for a fee.
- If excessive clean up is required due to items such as confetti, popcorn, decor, etc., a minimum $150 additional cleaning fee will apply, subject to increase based on cleaning requirements.
- To ensure all requirements are agreed upon, a confirmed contract is required to be signed by the client seven (7) days prior to the event.
- All events must be completed by 1:30 a.m. and vacated by 2 a.m.
- A minimum of $50 per hour for each hour a function is late will be levied plus an additional $21 per staff member.
- An additional fee per staff member will be charged for events hosted on statutory holidays. Fees depend on the staff required for the event.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to substitute a comparable function room.
- We reserve the right to inspect and regulate all private parties, meetings and receptions.
- Liability or damage to the premises will be charged accordingly and is the responsibility of the person(s) booking the event.
- Space for the event is booked only for the times indicated in the contract.
- Set-up and dismantle times, if required, are not included in the booking time and should be specified to your event coordinator.
- If displays, exhibits or products are used, arrangements for their arrival, unloading and departure must be made through the Conference Centre Office. Such displays, exhibits, or products are the responsibility of the exhibitor and we accept no liability whatsoever for the loss or damage.
- The TRU Conference Centre is not responsible for damages to or loss of any articles left prior to, during or following any function by the client or their guests.
- We reserve the right to require security should situations warrant for either or both parties contracting said functions.
- Payment methods accepted are: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, cash, debit or cheque.
- Made payable to: Ancillary Services, 805 TRU Way, Kamloops BC, V2C 0C8.