Terms, Conditions, Policies and Payment Methods
- A guaranteed number of guests is required five business days prior to the event.
- All service charges will be based on actual number of guests served if more than the guaranteed guests are served.
- Prices can change without notice, but will be guaranteed 60 days prior to the function.
- Substitutions may apply within the 60-day period, depending on market availability and unforeseen circumstances. For further explanation, please speak with your event coordinator.
- Minimum number of meals is required on all orders.
Invoicing deposits and pricing
- For all groups a non-refundable deposit is required at the time of the booking. Deposit amounts will be determined based on number of rooms required and/or number of days required.
- 75 percent of the remaining balance is required seven business days before the event.
- For TRU departments an account code is required prior to all catering and events.
The deposit is non-refundable. In the event of a situation beyond human control, not induced by negligence, the TRU Conference Centre will not be held responsible. Inclement weather is not a valid cause for cancellation of an event under contract. Written notice (email acceptable) to cancel a space or catering is required. In all cases, food will not be prepared or provided. The following charges will apply:
- 25 percent of estimated total catering cost at sixty (60) to fifteen (15) days
- 50 percent of estimated total catering cost at fourteen (14) to seven (7) days
- 90 percent of estimated total catering cost at six (6) business days or less
- 100 percent of the room rental at 30 business days or less
- Any costs incurred by the university related to your event
Food and beverage policy
- The TRU Conference Centre will be the sole supplier of all food and beverage items. The only exception will be wedding and special event cakes when full catering is provided by the Conference Centre.
- No food will be packaged for take home from any event.
- The TRU Conference Centre will discard all perishable food items in compliance with established Food Safe practices.
- Food and beverage selection is required 5 business days prior to the event.
- All food and beverage charges are subject to applicable tax and 15 percent gratuity. For our full buffets, children 3-11 years of age are half price. Toddlers 2 and under are no charge.
- For all cash and host bars, a guaranteed minimum revenue of $500 must be generated. If the minimum is not reached, a bartender fee of $150 will be charged OR the difference between the minimum and actual sales; whichever is less. Wine served at dinner is not calculated in bar revenue. If total bar sales exceed $500 there will be no bartender fee.
- Under the terms of the BC Liquor License Act, the management of TRU Catering is prohibited from allowing any individual or group to provide outside alcohol at catered events.
- China is included for all events held in the Campus Activity Centre.
- All areas outside the Campus Activity Centre and all off-site catering will include a disposable service. China service can be provided for a fee.
- We request that no confetti be used on the premises. A $100 clean-up charge will apply.
- Audio-visual equipment can be arranged through our in-house supplier or clients are permitted to arrange their own.
- To ensure all requirements are agreed upon, a confirmation contract is required to be signed by the client.
- All events must be completed by 1:30 a.m. and vacated by 2 a.m.
- A minimum of $50 per hour for each hour a function is late will be levied plus an additional $17 per staff member.
- An additional fee per staff member will be charged for events hosted on statutory holidays. Fees depend on the staff required for the event.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to substitute a comparable function room.
- We reserve the right to inspect and regulate all private parties, meetings and receptions.
- Liability or damage to the premises will be charged accordingly and is the responsibility of the person(s) booking the event.
- Space for the event is booked only for the times indicated.
- Set-up and dismantle times, if required, are not included in the booking time and should be specified to your event coordinator.
- If displays, exhibits or products are used, arrangements for their arrival, unloading and departure must be made through the Conference Office. Such displays, exhibits, or products are the responsibility of the exhibitor and we accept no liability whatsoever for the loss or damage of these displays.
- The TRU Conference Centre is not responsible for damages to or loss of any articles left prior to, during or following any function by the customer or their guests.
- We reserve the right to require security should situations warrant for either or both parties contracting said functions.
- Additional costs will be assessed for electrical requirements above and beyond the normal usage.
- Payment methods accepted are: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, cash, debit or cheque.