Terms, Conditions, Policies and Payment Methods
- A guaranteed number of guests must be submitted eight (8) days prior to the event.
- Price estimates will be based on the guaranteed number of guests.
- Final service charges will be based on the actual number of guests who attend the event.
Fees & deposits
- All bookings require a non-refundable deposit, due within thirty (30) days of booking the event.
- Deposit required for a one-day event is the total of all room rental charges for the day (not including setup)
- Deposit required for a multi-day event is the total of all room rental charges for the first day of the event.
- 75% of the remaining balance is due eight (8) days before the event.
- Final invoice will be emailed to the client within ten (10) days after the event.
- Prices are subject to change without notice but will be honoured withing sixty (60) days of the event.
- Account code is required from TRU departments for booking TRU catering and events.
- All cancellations require a written. notice (email acceptable) to the TRU Conference Centre Sales Representative.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees will apply to all bookings cancelled sixty (60) days or less before the event.
- Bookings cancelled sixty one (61) days or more before the event will not be subject to cancellation fees.
- Cancellation fees are calculated as a percentage of the total estimated service cost and apply as follows:
- 25% if cancelled between sixty (60) and fifteen (15) days before the event
- 50% if cancelled between fourteen (14) and eight (8) days before the event
- 90% if cancelled seven (7) days or less before the event
- 100% if cancelled 24 hours or less before the event
- 100% if cancelled thirty (30) days or less before the event
- 100% of total labour costs if cancelled 24 hours or less before the event
- 100% of cost of any custom orders or special request food items
- 100% of any additional costs incurred by TRU related to the event
Food and beverage service
- All food and beverage charges are subject to applicable taxes and 15% gratuity.
- Charges do not apply to children of ages three (3) and under.
- TRU Conference Centre will be the exclusive supplier of all food and beverage items for catered events in the Campus Activity Centre, Panorama Room and the BC Centre. Limited exceptions may be made for wedding and special occasion cakes.
- Based on Interior Health Food Service Guidelines, any high risk food (hot or cold) that have been at room temperature for more than two (2) hours must be disposed of by catering service staff.
- Any leftover food and beverages remain the property of the TRU Conference CEntre and may not be removed from the premises.
- Food and beverage substitutions may apply due to market availability and unforeseen circumstances.
- Events held in the Campus Activity Centre include china service for all orders from the regular menu.
- Events held in all areas outside the Campus Activity Centre and all off-site catering include disposable service. China service may be provided at additional cost.
- A minimum revenue of $600 per bar must be generated for any cash or host bar at any event with liquor service.
- Should the minimum not be reached, the client will be charged:
- a bartender fee of $175; or
- the difference between the minimum and actual sales
- Table wine served at dinner is not calculated in bar revenue.
- Under the terms of the BC Liquor License Act, the TRU Conference Centre is prohibited from allowing any individual or group to provide outside alcohol at catered events.
- The client must sign a contract at least seven (7) days before the event.
- The event is booked only for the times and the venue indicated in the contract.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the venue with a comparable function room.
- All events must be completed by 1:30 a.m. and the venue must be vacated by 2 a.m.
- Set-up and dismantle times, if required, are not included in the booking time and should be specified to your event coordinator.
- If displays, exhibits or products are used, arrangements for their arrival, unloading and departure must be made through the Conference Centre Office. Such displays, exhibits, or products are the responsibility of the exhibitor and we accept no liability whatsoever for the loss or damage.
- The TRU Conference Centre is not responsible for damages to or loss of any articles left prior to, during or following any function by the client or their guests.
- An event coordinator is not guaranteed to be present at the event or remain at the venue for the duration of the event. Should TRU Conference Centre deem it necessary to have an event coordinator present, one will be confirmed seven (7) days before the event.
- TRU Conference Centre reserves the right to inspect and regulate all private parties, meetings and receptions.
- TRU Conference Centre reserves the right to require the client to obtain a securtiy guard service for any event.
- A minimum of $150 additional cleaning charge will apply for excessive clean-up required due to items such as confetti, popcorn, decor, etc.
- A minimum of $50 per hour and $21 per staff member charge will apply for each hour. beyond the specified event booking time.
- Additional charges will apply for each staff member required for events hosted on Statutory holidays.
- Charges will apply for any loss or damage to the premises resulting from the event.
- Payment methods accepted are: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, cash, debit or cheque.
- Made payable to: Ancillary Services, 805 TRU Way, Kamloops BC, V2C 0C8.