Planning an Event
The TRU Conference Centre is following all current Gatherings and Events Provincial Public Health Orders. If you have questions regarding the current restrictions, please contact your event coordinator.
The TRU Conference Centre is in the heart of Kamloops on the Thompson Rivers University campus. Our vibrant, beautiful campus features fantastic views of the Kamloops valley, the Thompson Rivers, and the surrounding mountains — guaranteed to deliver the perfect setting for your event.
Our dedicated and detail-orientated staff is here to ensure your next event is polished and seamless from conception to completion. We excel at providing the highest quality experience by offering exceptional service, delectable culinary options and unique event spaces.
Our main building, the Campus Activity Centre, has played host to thousands of events, including conferences, trade shows, meetings, galas, receptions, weddings and more since 1991. With over 30,000 square feet of meeting and convention space on campus, all of our facilities are designed with comfort and convenience in mind to meet our clients’ needs.
- Ability to host up to 1,000 guests
- Twelve unique event spaces, plus campus classrooms, lecture theatres and computer labs
- State-of-the-art audio-visual rental equipment and services
- High-speed wireless Internet access on the entire campus
- On-site accommodation with amazing views of the valley
- Custom promotional product ordering
- On-site print services
- On-site catering services offering a variety of fresh and seasonal menu options
- Committed and knowledgeable staff
We know that planning a successful event can be a challenge. From inspiring meetings to unforgettable events, our team is here to make it easy for you.
Check out our Testimonials page and see what past clients have to say.
Click on any picture to see a larger version.