TRU Campus Sustainability Walking Tour
Are you interested in a sustainability tour? For a group or a class project? Call the TRU Sustainability Office and we can arrange and customize the following to suit you:
- An overview of the solar sidewalk and concepts of solar energy leading to energy demand discussions.
- An overview of the composting program and general discussion on the cycle of energy.
- Walking to the campus gardens and showing the changed methods of irrigation and plant management to reduce water use, as well as the local species.
- Showing the roof-mounted solar hot water systems.
- A stop at a zero waste station to talk about how the TRU community handles recycling, and how to use our four-bin system.
- Depending on the interest level and time, the tour can also include stops in the entrances of major campus buildings to point out sustainable initiatives indoors. There are posters in the entrances of major buildings that point out significant sustainability aspects (such as heating, electrical and lighting systems; indoor gardens/living roofs; and zero waste systems). These posters help raise awareness with students as they move from building to building.