Electric vehicle charging
TRU has offered electric vehicle (EV) charging on the Kamloops campus for several years. To make this service easier to access for our university community, we are moving all EV charging stations to a single, central location and establishing a mobile-based, pay-per-use system.
Effective Sept. 1, 2023, 16 FLO charging stations will be located in parking lot F on College Drive. Use of EV stations will require pay-per-use via the FLO Mobile App for EV charging and a TRU parking permit valid on the day the EV stall is in use.
To charge your electric vehicle on campus:
- You must have a TRU daily or long-term parking permit valid on the day the EV stall is in use (economy, general, premium or reserved) or daily permit using the hangTag Park + Pay QR code posted at the charging stations in lot F.
- Park in a FLO charging station for the duration needed to charge your vehicle (EV stations are not TRU parking stalls).
- Pay the hourly EV charging rate ($2/hour) using the FLO Mobile app.
- Don't unplug another vehicle.
- When you are done, neatly put the charging code away so people don't trip or drive over it.
- A TRU parking permit valid on the day the EV stall is in use
TRU fleet vehicles (only) will continue to use Tesla chargers in lots F and H.
With a uniform system across all EV stalls and easier validation of permits, both to park and to charge, patrollers will be able to offer enforcement for EV stall use, and ensure charging is available to those with valid permits when needed. Anyone parked at a charging station without charging, without displaying an EV permit or without a parking permit will be subject to ticketing.