Student Investment Fund
The Thompson Rivers University Student Investment Fund was brought to life by co-founders Adam Burke and Jacob Lawrence, who shared a vision of bringing more tangibility to their degrees.
In fall 2019, TRUSIF was born and has continued to grow through countless evolutions.
TRUSIF is motivated by a hard working team of students managing a long-only equity and ETF-focused fund with $100,000 in assets under management.
Our fund’s purpose is to create student scholarships with our excess returns while fostering a real-world experience for students interested in capital markets and wealth management careers.
TRUSIF embodies a team that works to support and challenge one another in order to reach our full potential, make a difference in our community, and achieve mutual success.
- Fall 2019
- Pitch TRUSIF to the advisory committee on investments, where a commitment of $100,000 was made even though we only asked for $50,000.
- Gained backing from the CFA society.
- Winter 2020
- Officially received funding from TRU in April 2020.
- Redesigned our hiring and investing protocols.
- Fall 2020
- Started designing our first formal round of research.
- Winter 2021
- Purchased our first round of equities.
- Learned about the Raymond James donation.
- Fall 2021
- Continued to populate our portfolio.
- Redesigned and refined more processes.
- Fall 2022
- Received and unveiled the Raymond James $550,000 donation.
- Opened the TRUSIF trading floor.