Gaglardi Student Ambassador
TRU Gaglardi Student Ambassadors (GSAs) provide key support during TRU Gaglardi events, produce engaging content on TRU Gaglardi social media pages, and focus on creating a holistic and engaging experience for our student community on campus and around the world.
Role of TRU Gaglardi Student Ambassador
Social media and brand management
Duties are assigned on a project basis and may include:
- Connect with faculty, students and student clubs to conduct interviews and write profiles (updates on research, special achievements, etc.)
- Create and share content to support the school’s Social Media Strategy.
- Provide content for “day in the life” social media takeover, and/or in support of other social media campaigns.
- Maintain a personal presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn - be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions and discussions, hashtags, metrics, branded pages, events on campus, etc.
- Provide content for important days and events around campus.
- Attend TRU Gaglardi and other TRU events, help promote on social media.
Duties may include:
- Collaboratively generate ideas for and coordinate monthly TRU Gaglardi
- Assistance in planning and execution of TRU Gaglardi events.
- Connect with TRU Gaglardi-related TRUSU clubs.
- Assistance with event promotion such as leafletting, distributing posters, promoting online and/or class presentations.
- Provide support on event days such as helping with setup, takedown, photography, event social media, check-in, etc.
- Other tasks as requested by the TRU Gaglardi supervisory staff.
GSAs are expected to:
- Adhere to TRU and TRU Gaglardi brand guidelines.
- Always represent TRU Gaglardi in a professional and respectful manner.
- Complete timesheet/hours tracking on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with staff, faculty, and other GSAs.
- Relay questions, concerns, and ideas to the GSA Coordinator and/or communications team
- Attend weekly, 1-hour meetings with the TRU Gaglardi GSA staff. Come prepared.
- Attend a monthly 1-1 meeting with TRU Gaglardi supervisory staff to discuss ideas, get feedback, receive coaching, etc.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Be transparent in ability to take on specific projects, and communicate consistently with GSA team.
- Use existing connections and networking skills to build and strengthen TRU Gaglardi partnership with clubs and other organizations.
- Complete mandatory training.
Skills and qualifications
- Must be a full-time student (minimum of nine credits undergrad courses or six credits graduate courses) at TRU for the semester appointed as GSA
- Must maintain good academic standing throughout the semester
- Be able to commit to 60 hours over the semester which may include up to 10 hours in a given week (as discussed with your supervisor ahead of time)
- Demonstrated experience with event planning and/or
- Active social media presence and experience with digital publishing platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
- Knowledge of social media, graphic design, photography, and video production
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Project management skills such as organization, file, and document management
GSAs must complete a minimum of seven hours of training as provided by TRU Gaglardi.
Benefits and opportunities
- Professional Services Agreement with financial compensation
- Increased exposure to TRU faculty, alumni, and the business community
- Professional development
- Make an impact as a voice of TRU and influence prospective students' decision to apply and attend TRU
Become a TRU Gaglardi Student Ambassador
For more information about becoming a Gaglardi Student Ambassador, contact the TRU Gaglardi communications team firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 TRU Gaglardi Student Ambassadors
Get to know our Gaglardi Student Ambassador, Laiba!
Laiba is originally from Pakistan and is a fourth-year student pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration at TRU. She is passionate about building connections, fostering intercultural engagement and indulging in leadership and mentorship opportunities. Laiba also serves as an Intercultural Ambassador and Orientations and Transitions Ambassador with @trustudentlife. She is also dedicated to promoting accessibility as a member of the TRU Accessibility Committee and is a part of the @truwibclub as well. In her free time, Laiba enjoys writing, acting and learning graphic design.
Get to know our Gaglardi Student Ambassador, Ugochi!
Ugochi is a second-year MBA student passionate about building authentic relationships and helping people solve problems creatively. Born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, Ugochi brings her enthusiasm and diverse experiences into being highly engaged in all that TRU has to offer.
In her first year, she represented TRU Gaglardi in the BC MBA Games 2022, and volunteered at several events like the 2023 Job Fair and Celebration of Success Dinner Fall 2022. She served as a Member-at-Large for the TRUSU Campaigns Committee and went on to campaign for the TRUSU Graduate Representative.
Get to know our Gaglardi Student Ambassador, Inderdeep!
Inderdeep is a second year MBA student with a background in computer science. He has worked in both the private and public sectors and enjoyed his role as a government officer in India. His hobbies include reading and playing football.
Get to know our Gaglardi Student Ambassador, Aashima!
Aashima, a second-year TRU student, is pursuing a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Marketing. She is passionate about fostering relationships, honing her communication skills, and building networks. Known for her amiable nature and unwavering drive for personal and professional growth, Aashima originally hails from Delhi, India, and is fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
Get to know our Gaglardi Student Ambassador, Jaideep!
Jaideep is a second-year MBA student who brings a strong passion for cultivating connections, refining his communication skills, and fostering networks. He's well-known for his friendly and approachable nature, as well as his unwavering commitment to personal and professional growth. Jaideep's enthusiasm for teamwork and community building earned him the privilege of representing #TRUGaglardi at the 2022 BC MBA Games.
At the heart of Jaideep's philosophy is his favourite quote, inspired by the renowned Indian athlete Milkha Singh: "Diligence, determination, and dedication — these qualities can propel a person to remarkable heights."
As a Gaglardi Student Ambassador (GSA), Jaideep offers valuable advice to new students, encouraging them to fully embrace the university experience and create lasting memories. He emphasizes the importance of maintaining a harmonious balance between academic pursuits and personal life, which he achieves through regular physical activity and mindfulness meditation.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator - TRU Gaglardi