Strategic Research Plan
TRU’s new 2022-27 Strategic Research Plan articulates the key challenge areas where we will strive to make significant contributions during the next five years:
- Understanding and responding to changing climate, its consequences for our environments (built, natural, social), and pursuing sustainable solutions;
- Contributing to greater social cohesion and sense of belonging through a commitment to social justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and social responsibility;
- Strengthening health, quality of life, and cultural sustainability in our local and regional communities;
- Advancing technological, social and economic development and innovation that improves people’s lives; and,
- Seeking truth, reconciliation, and rights through Indigenous-led research and capacity building.
Special thanks go out to the committee members who made development of the Strategic Research Plan possible.