Four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.33) in the last 60 credits. Applicants with a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent who have a GPA below 3.00 (but not below 2.50) may take TRU’s Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies to gain admission into the M.Ed. program.
Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree from an English language university normally must have one of the following to enter the M.Ed. program:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 570 with a TWE of 4.5 or higher (paper-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL 230 with an Essay of 4.5 or higher (computer-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL (IBT) 88 with no section below 20.
- IELTS of at least 6.5 with no bands below 6.5.
- CAEL of at least 70 with no subtest below 60.
- Successful completion (or exemption) of TRU ESAL Level 5.
Official copy of educational transcripts for all post-secondary education (in original language and a certified copy in English) or a letter of permission from the student's home institution.