Early Childhood Education Diploma
Prepare yourself for a vital role in child care with coursework that provides a mix of child development theory and hands-on experience, in both on-campus and community-based childcare programs. ECE includes three semesters of study, with specializations in Infant/Toddler and Special Needs available in the fourth semester.
Graduates embark on rewarding careers in half- or full-day child care programs, family child care, Head Start programs, Strong Start programs, and other child care facilities.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or mature student status
- English Studies 12/English First Peoples 12 with a minimum of 73% (or equivalent)
- Provide an immunization schedule
- Volunteer and/or complete work experience of 25 hours in a licensed group preschool or childcare facility and under the supervision of a certified Early Childhood Educator
- Attend an information session
- Complete a Consent for Criminal record check (CRC clearance needed before the commencement of practicum)