Master of Education
Offers thesis, final project or capstone course options. Designed for the working professional involved in education, training or employee development, this program is structured for full- or part–time study.
Designed for students who wish to assume positions as educational leaders and capable researchers, who work in a variety of roles in education, health care, private industry and government.
- Four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.33) in at least 60 credits. Applicants with a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent who have a GPA below 3.00 (but not below 2.50) may take TRU’s Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies to gain admission into the MEd program.
- Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree from an English language university normally must have one
of the following to enter the M.Ed. program:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 570 with a TWE of 4.5 or higher (paper-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL 230 with an Essay of 4.5 or higher (computer-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL (IBT) 88 with no section below 20.
- IELTS of at least 6.5 with no bands below 6.5.
- CAEL of at least 70 with no subtest below 60.
- Successful completion (or exemption) of TRU ESAL Level 5.
- Official copy of educational transcripts for all post-secondary education (in original language and a certified copy in English) or a letter of permission from the student's home institution.
Specific questions about this graduate program?