Master of Nursing
Looking to elevate your career in nursing?
Our Master of Nursing program offers you the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to achieve your career goals.
Through critical and creative approaches, you will be equipped to influence and support innovative change. Graduates will be prepared to meet the demand for advanced nursing roles within complex and dynamic healthcare systems within BC, across Canada and abroad.
Areas you can focus on
- Advanced nursing education
- Post-secondary clinical specialty area
- Advanced nursing management
- Leadership health care facilities
- Earn while you learn. Flexible delivery and progress options let you to study while continuing to work.
- Program completion within two or three years. Students may have up to five years to complete the program.
- Student-centred curriculum choices in leadership, nursing practice and nurse education.
- PhD faculty engaged in high-quality research in community and population health, leadership, policy development, Indigenous health and pedagogy.
- Advanced internship and practical learning experiences. Students can specialize in education and management/leadership positions in practise.
- Three completion options—thesis, major project or major paper.
- Positions in local, provincial, territorial, national, or international health-care areas
- Advanced clinical practice in hospital or community settings
- Teaching roles in academia or nursing practice
- Administrative positions in hospital or community settings
- Government positions in provincial, territorial, national, or international ministries of health or related fields
- Private practice