Academic admission requirements
- Successful completion of BC Grade 11 – minimum (Grade 12 preferred), or equivalent
- BC English 11 - B minimum grade or equivalent
- English Language Competency for Non-native speakers of English as per Minimum English Language Competency Requirements
- Volunteering or experience working with the elderly is highly recommended
How to apply
- Apply to TRU here
- Pay the application fee (Note: if you do not pay the application fee online, you must send payment to TRU Admissions and include your EducationPlannerBC application number with payment. Your application will not be processed until the application fee is received.)
- Submit official high school transcripts.
- Submit official transcripts for any Post-Secondary Institutions previously attended or currently attending.
- Arrange to write the Assessment Accuplacer Test at the Assessment Center. There is a $35 fee for the first writing.
- Applicants will receive acknowledgment of their application within 2-3 weeks.
- Upon successful completion of the Admission Requirements, applicants will receive a seat offer letter and will be asked to pay a $500 commitment fee. This payment must be made by the date indicated in the letter to secure your seat. The payment is held as a deposit towards your tuitions fees. The balance of any outstanding tuition is payable prior to the Health Care Assistant program start date.