Accepted Students

Required forms

Acceptance to the Health Care Assistant program is not deemed final until the required documents listed below have been submitted prior to the commencement of the program.

Send certificate copies and completed forms to the School of Nursing, not back to TRU Admissions, by:

  • Email Roxane Kolle, HCA Program Assistant at 
  • Fax: 250-371-5909
  • Mail: TRU School of Nursing, 805 TRU Way, Kamloops, BC V2C 0C8
  • Deliver: Drop off in person to the School of Nursing office in the Ken Lepin Building, room 204
  1. Send a copy of your Standard First Aid with CPR level 'C' Certificate or equivalent. TRU requires CPR-C to be re-certified every 2 years even though expiry on the certificate will indicate 3 years. If your CPR-C certification is older than 2 years, it will have to be retaken prior to entry into the HCA program. 
  2. Send a copy of your Food Safe Certificate - Food Safe certificates are valid for 3 years.  If your certification is older than 3 years, a refresher course will need to be retaken prior to entry into the HCA program. 
  3. Send a copy of your completed TRU Student Immunization Record-  All HCA students visiting clinical placements are considered health care providers and should be protected against vaccine preventable diseases. This process can take 1 to 6 months to complete so please do not delay in getting your T.B. skin test and other vaccines. Non-immunized students will not be allowed in the practice setting. More information is available in the linked BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) document.
  4. Send a copy of your signed HSPnet Consent Form - This form is a consent form for the HCA Program to use and disclose your student information to agencies for arranging practica placements. There is a two page document outlining the type of information which is collected and how it is used and this is followed by the consent form. 
  5. Send a copy of your signed HCA Requisite Skills and Abilities Form - Please read this document. Once you have read the document, sign only if you believe you can meet the requirements listed without special accommodation.  If you feel you may need additional help, please contact us to discuss how we can assist you.
  6. In person, bring a copy of your signed Consent to a Criminal Record Check form and 2 pieces of I.D. (one must be photo I.D.) into the School of Nursing office in the Ken Lepin Building, room 204. All students in the HCA program are required to complete a criminal record check through TRU. Please sign and date the consent form (or have your parent/guardian sign if you are under 19). If you are unable to deliver the consent form in person, please submit it electronically to,  along with two pieces of photo identification, one of which should be a valid driver's licence. Payment is NOT required, as the $28 fee is included in your tuition.
  7. Please read the Health Care Assistant Program Student Handbook It is a very comprehensive handbook and will be referred to in your classes.