Acceptance to the Health Care Assistant program is not deemed final until the required documents listed below have been submitted prior to the commencement of the program.
Send certificate copies and completed forms to the School of Nursing at:
(Please do NOT return to TRU Admissions)
- Email Roxane Kolle, HCA Program Assistant at email@example.com
- Fax: 250-371-5909
- Mail: TRU School of Nursing, 805 TRU Way, Kamloops, BC V2C 0C8
- Send a copy of your Standard First Aid with CPR level 'C' Certificate or equivalent. TRU requires CPR-C to be re-certified every two years even though expiry on the certificate indicates three years. If your CPR-C certification is older than two years, it will have to be retaken prior to entry into the HCA program.
- Send a copy of your Food Safe Certificate. Food Safe certificates are valid for three years. If your certification is older than three years, a refresher course will need to be taken prior to entry into the HCA program.
- Send a copy of your completed TRU Student Immunization Record. All HCA students visiting clinical placements are considered health care providers and should be protected against vaccine preventable diseases. This process can take one to six months to complete so please do not delay in getting your T.B. skin test and other vaccines. Non-immunized students will not be allowed in the practice setting. More information is available in the linked BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) document.
- Send a copy of your signed HSPnet Consent Form. This consent form is used to disclose your student information to agencies for arranging practica placements. There is a two-page document outlining the type of information which is collected and how it is used and this is followed by the consent form.
- Send a copy of your signed HCA Requisite Skills and Abilities Form. Please read this document. Once you have read the document, sign only if you believe you can meet the requirements listed without special accommodation. If you feel you may need additional help, please contact us to discuss how we can assist you.
- A Consent to a Criminal Record Check form and two pieces of I.D. (one of which should be a valid driver’s licence) must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is NOT required, as the $28 fee is included in your tuition.
- Please read the Health Care Assistant Program Student Handbook. It is a comprehensive handbook that will be referred to in your classes.