Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Managing Festivals and Events
Students will gain a foundation of basic knowledge and skills for working in the general field of tourism, as well as developing more specialized knowledge and skills relevant to event and festival planning and management. In the first year of the program, they will gain an overview of the industry; demonstrate understanding of issues fundamental in tourism planning, marketing, and service provision; and gain an awareness of central issues related to tourism’s engagement with culture and the natural environment, as well as exploring the experiential dimensions of this phenomenon. In the second, specialized year, they will master research skills; gain competencies relevant for creating, designing, operating, and evaluating events and festivals; and develop an understanding of the place of festivals and events within the larger tourism field and within contemporary culture.
Employment opportunities are similar to those for graduates of our existing concentration in Festivals and Events in our Bachelor of Tourism Management (BTM) program. Our BTM has a good employment success rate.
- An undergraduate degree from any discipline
- English Language Proficiency: Students who have completed their studies in a country where English is not an official language will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. This can be achieved by meeting one of the following:
• TOEFL minimum of 570 (paper-based with a TWE 4.5) or 88 (iBT) with no section below 20
• IELTS Min overall score of 6.5 with no subtest score below 6.0
• MELAB with a minimum of 8
• CAEL – Minimum overall score of 70 with no subtest below 60
• ESAL 0570 and ESAL 0580 with a minimum grade of C+ in both
Specific questions about this program?
International student with specific questions about this program?