Respiratory Therapy Diploma
Train as a therapist specializing in cardiopulmonary disease prevention and education. Learn to assess and treat disorders of the lungs, heart, and vascular system in this professional medical program, the only one of its kind in BC. The three-year RT diploma program includes a one-year clinical at various hospitals. See Bachelor of Health Science, dual credential (Respiratory Therapy) for the four-year dual credential degree option. Year one is the same for both the RT diploma and dual credential.
Respiratory therapy is an allied health profession devoted to the scientific application of technology in order to assist in the diagnosis, treatment, management and care of patients with cardiopulmonary and associated disorders.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or Mature Student Status
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 73% (B)
- Foundations of Mathematics 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Biology 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Chemistry 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Physics 11 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- CPRC-Certificate with AED
- Program Information Session and/or hospital RT department tour
Specific questions about this program?