Chemical Biology Major
Combines chemistry and molecular biology in a way that prepares students for the explosion of knowledge of life at the molecular level. Students learn to apply chemical principles and knowledge to biological applications, and study both chemistry and biology before specializing in various aspects of chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology.
Graduates have gone on to successful careers in medicine, veterinary medicine, medical genetics, university, elementary and high school teaching, dentistry, wildlife biology, physiotherapy, pharmacy, biotechnology, chiropractic, optometry, microbiology, conservation and land management, marine biology, toxicology, bioengineering, molecular biology and more.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or Mature Student Status
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 73% (B)
- Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Biology 11 or Biology 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+) (not required for majors in computing, mathematics or physics)
- Chemistry 11 or 12(or equivalent)
- Physics 11 or 12(or equivalent)
Specific questions about this program?
International student with specific questions about this program?