Respiratory Therapy Diploma
Train as a therapist specializing in cardiopulmonary disease prevention and education. Learn to assess and treat disorders of the lungs, heart, and vascular system in this professional medical program, the only one of its kind in BC. The three-year RT diploma program includes a one-year clinical at various hospitals. See Bachelor of Health Science, dual credential (Respiratory Therapy) for the four-year dual credential degree option. Year one is the same for both the RT diploma and dual credential.
Respiratory therapy is an allied health profession devoted to the scientific application of technology in order to assist in the diagnosis, treatment, management and care of patients with cardiopulmonary and associated disorders.
- Grade 12 with a minimum C+ average or equivalent
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples with a minimum 73% or equivalent
- Foundations of Math 12 or Pre-calculus 12 with a minimum C+ or equivalent
- Biology 12 with a minimum C+ or equivalent
- Chemistry 12 minimum C+ or equivalent
- Physics 11 with a minimum C+ or equivalent
- Program Information Session and/or hospital RT department tour
- Completion of "C" level CPR with AED upon acceptance
Seats for high school applicants are limited, and with the high number of applicants with advanced education, we recommend 1-2 years post-secondary education in a Bachelor of Science program. Educational requirements should preferably have been obtained within five years of application.
Specific questions about this program?
International students with specific questions about this program?