Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Study in British Columbia with Canada's premier Nursing program. Prepare yourself for the challenges and rewards of the nursing profession. The BScN program gives you the technical knowledge, human understanding and practical skills to administer responsible and client-centered care as a registered nurse (RN) in a variety of health care practice agencies (institutional, community and international) and with people who have a variety of health concerns.
Graduates are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). Upon successful completion of the NCLEX you apply for registration to the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) to practice as a registered nurse.
Selective and competitive admission
Minimum High School
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or mature student status
- English Studies 12/English First Peoples 12 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Any Math 12 course with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Anatomy & Physiology 12 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Chemistry 11 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- One other Grade 11 or 12 level Science with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 30 credits
- Completion of the following 12 credits:
- English 1000 level or higher with a C+ minimum
- Biology 1000 level or higher with a C+ minimum
- Social Science 1000 or higher with C+ minimum
- Math/Science 1000 or higher with a C+ minimum
Additional Admission Requirements
Situational Judgement Test (i.e., CASPer)
Applicants will be required to complete an online situational judgement test, which assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program and will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening (i.e., GPA).
If you don’t meet the requirements
You can take upgrading courses at TRU to help you meet the requirements of this program.
» Talk to a student recruiter about your options. You may be eligible for free tuition. Or learn more about upgrading.
Apply to this program Visit the program website