Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Williams Lake Campus
A four-year program of studies to prepare students to be competent nurses in a variety of health care practice agencies (Institutional, Community and International), and with people who have a variety of health concerns with diverse social and economic backgrounds. TRU Williams Lake offers the first two years. Successful students finish the program at our Kamloops campus.
Graduates are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). Upon successful completion of the NCLEX you apply for registration to the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Selective and competitive admission
Minimum High School
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or mature student status
- English Studies 12/English First Peoples 12 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Any Math 12 course with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Anatomy & Physiology 12 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Chemistry 11 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- One other Grade 11 or 12 level Science with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 30 credits
- Completion of the following 12 credits:
- English 1000 level or higher with a C+ minimum
- Biology 1000 level or higher with a C+ minimum
- Social Science 1000 or higher with C+ minimum
- Math/Science 1000 or higher with a C+ minimum
Additional Admission Requirements
Situational Judgement Test (i.e., CASPer)
Applicants will be required to complete an online situational judgement test, which assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program and will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening (i.e., GPA).
Do you have questions about this program?
Contact the Williams Lake Campus