Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Williams Lake Campus
A four-year program of studies to prepare students to be competent nurses in a variety of health care practice agencies (Institutional, Community and International), and with people who have a variety of health concerns with diverse social and economic backgrounds. TRU Williams Lake offers the first two years. Successful students finish the program at our Kamloops campus.
Graduates are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). Upon successful completion of the NCLEX you apply for registration to the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Grade 12 or mature student status (or equivalent)
- English Studies 12/English First Peoples 12 with a minimum 73% (or equivalent)
- Anatomy & Physiology 12 with a minimum 67% (or equivalent)
- Foundations of Math 12 (recommended) or Pre-Calculus 12 with a minimum C+ (or equivalent)
- Chemistry 11 with a 67% (or equivalent)
- One additional Science 11 or Science 12 with a minimum 67% (or equivalent)
- Letter of Introduction – (2 typed pages) brief personal history (including health care related experiences), reasons for choosing nursing, and positive attributes you bring to the program and nursing profession.
Specific questions about this program in Williams Lake?