Adventure Guide Diploma
Setting the standard around the world for a broad spectrum of wilderness guide training, this intensive program will prepare you for exciting leadership positions in outdoor skills instruction and guiding. The field portion of your classes access BC’s exceptional recreational resources for whitewater and ocean pursuits, climbing and skiing.
Graduates work for many different kinds of adventure companies around the world. There are many businesses that are either owned by graduates of TRU, or are businesses that regularly employ graduates of our training programs.
- 19 years of age at the start of the program
- Completion of the Adventure Guide Certificate
- Application to the second year of the Adventure Guide Diploma in writing outlining the following:
- Applicants are required to attend a Departmental Orientation session (in person or by phone), complete the Adventure Guide Diploma Application form, and attend an admissions interview.
Recommendations: Applicants in the Adventure Guide Diploma do so based upon their technical skill and experience level in at least one adventure sport. Entry is competitive and applications are screened to ensure an adequate level of outdoor recreation experience has been attained prior to entry to TRU.
- Letter of Intent
- Outdoor Experience Log
- Program Orientation Session
- Supplementary Application
- Admissions Interview