Terms of Reference
The Nominating Committee shall be responsible for identification of APA members who are willing to fill positions on various committees within the institution as needed and in a timely fashion.
- The Nominating Committee shall comprise a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) members.
- Membership terms normally will be two (2) years in length.
- Election of new members will take place at the Annual General Meeting.
- The NC will elect a Chair from among its members at the first meeting each year following the election of new members.
- The NC will select someone at each meeting to take notes and informal minutes for distribution after each meeting.
- The Chair will maintain a file containing minutes and relevant documents pertaining to NC business.
- The NC will meet two (2) months prior to the APA Annual General Meeting to identify members for nomination to vacant executive positions.
- Additional meetings of the NC will be convened as required.
- A quorum shall be a majority of members.
- Recommendations of the NC shall be by consensus where possible.
- Members may participate in meetings by teleconference or other communication device.
- Notes and informal minutes of the NC meetings will be maintained by the Chair and distributed to the remaining committee members no later than five (5) working days after each meeting.
- The NC will provide recommendations for nominations of APA members to the APA Executive in a timely fashion.
- The NC will ensure that candidate statements are distributed to APA members well in advance of the annual general meeting in April.
Each Nominating Committee member shall respect the confidentiality of matters discussed at any committee meeting.