Personal and Academic Success Strategies
Student Success 0600 supports the development of traditional and fundamental skills for learning success and can be used as a course requirement for your BC Adult Graduation Diploma.
This course is open to all students. Tuition is free, and texts are available online at no cost.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Time management
- Learning styles
- Balancing life/money management
- Reading strategies/vocabulary development
- Note-taking/memory techniques
- Test-taking strategies/study skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication/listening skills
- Group dynamics
- Oral presentations
- Being an online learner
- Various learning platforms
- Establishing mutually beneficial relationships with online instructors
For more information, get in touch with Kim Tamblyn. Or register as usual through your myTRU account.