Education and Skills Training Certificate
Gain workplace skills and independence with the ESTR program for students with cognitive disabilities. Learn and interact on campus, gaining knowledge about future employment opportunities and training in a specific area. The full-time, nine-month program includes classes, labs and work placements.
Students explore entry level employment options, complete core courses and two work-experience placements.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age on or before October 1 of the year of entry
- Applicant must want to be in the ESTR program
- Must be able to follow oral instructions
- Must be able to complete work without direct supervision
- Must arrange and manage own transportation to and from TRU and work placements
- Must have an identified disability that impairs learning (documentation is required)
- One reference
- Some work experience
- Participate in a program readiness interview
Specific questions about this program?