Culinary Arts Menu
How to Apply
- Last week of August
- First week in January
If possible, submit an application form and related documentation as soon as you complete each of the requirements. The minimum documentation accepted is as follows:
- An application processing fee if you have never attended TRU before.
- A completed application form.
- A copy of your official interim or final grades.
- BC grade 10 (or equivalent) is a minimum and grade 12 is preferred
- Successful completion of the FoodSafe certificate
- Successful medical exam
- Successful completion of the entry assessment test (ACCUPLACER) through the TRU Assessment Centre. This test is a measure of English and math competency, taken by all students, to ensure you have the basis skills for success in the program. For more information about this assessment and how to arrange an appointment, please go to TRU Assessment Centre
- It is recommended that you work in the industry or have interviewed a chef or manager of a restaurant or hotel to have some input into this trade