Why Choose Nursing at TRU?
- Nursing education should prepare people to practice in an ever-changing health care system and fast paced world.
- Nursing education should be responsive to the needs of the health care system, visionary by anticipating changes in the role of the registered nurse and, in partnership with practice, critical of hegemonic practices within health care.
- Hence a nursing curriculum should be designed to prepare nurses not only for the present practice context but also for the evolving context of 5-10 years in the future.
This is exactly what the School of Nursing and Thompson River University can offer to you!
Nursing Undergraduate Society (NUS)
The NUS is the nursing student government. The NUS executive and class representatives demonstrate leadership and commitment to the organization of activities for benefit of all nursing students. Annual fees are assessed for these groups.
The purpose of the Nursing Undergraduate Society is to:
- Provide a means for effective participation and implementation of Nursing Student affairs at TRU.
- Provide an official and responsible student organization with the purpose of participating in decisions affecting Nursing Students at TRU.
- Encourage interaction and communication amongst the various semesters
- Promote educational and social activities of the Nursing Student body.
The executives of this society are called the Student Board.
This Student Board consists of a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, representatives from each of the eight semesters, and a representative faculty member. NUS Web site address is under revision.