Academic admission requirements
- Successful completion of BC Grade 11 – minimum or equivalent (Adult Basic Education – Upgrade Pathways).
- BC English 11 - B minimum grade or equivalent.
- English Language Competency for non-native speakers of English as per Minimum English Language Competency Requirements
Additional requirements are listed on the Accepted Students web page.
Volunteering or experience working with the elderly is highly recommended.
How to apply
- Applicants will receive acknowledgment of their application within 2-3 weeks.
- Upon successful completion of the Admission Requirements, applicants will receive a seat offer letter and will be asked to pay a $500 commitment fee. This payment must be made by the date indicated in the letter to secure your seat. The payment is held as a deposit towards your tuition fees. The balance of any outstanding tuition is payable prior to the Health Care Assistant program start date.
- Funded HCAP students and TRU Start students are NOT required to pay the deposit.