LPN to BScN Degree Program
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) Degree program offers Advanced Placement to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) into Year 2 of the 4 year BScN program, pending available space (all 80 BScN seats may be full, so no seat available). This option is a full-time campus program and not available on-line.
BScN applications will be available October 1, 2016 for the September 2017 program. All Admission Requirements (educational and other) need to be completed and submitted by the January 15, 2017 application deadline (tentative).
Complete a paper application form on the TRU Admissions website (do not apply on the ApplyBC website):
- BIOL 1592 or TRU-OL BIOL 1593 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (or equivalent) with a minimum 60 percent
- BIOL 1692 or TRU-OL BIOL 1693 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (or equivalent) with a minimum 60 percent
- ENGL1100 or TRU-OL ENGL1101 Composition / University Writing (or equivalent) with a minimum 50 percent
- A second Academic English e.e., ENGL1110, ENGL1120, ENGL1130 or TRU-OL ENGL1001, ENGL1011, ENGL1031 (or equivalent) with a minimum 50 percent
For post-secondary equivalent courses check transfer credits at BCTransferGuide.
Other admission requirements
- Official transcript(s) for all post-secondary institutions
- Official transcript from your Practical Nurse program
- A copy of your current LPN license
- A record of 500 employment hours as a LPN
Selective admission process
A selective admission process is used to assess applicant's academic performance. Admission to Year 2 of the full-time BScN program is offered upon seat availability. Applicants will be notified of acceptance only if a BScN seat available becomes available.
For additional information contact the SON Student Advisor at email@example.com.