Apply for admission to the first year of TRU Law either online or by completing our paper application form. Applications for admission completed by November 1, 2016 will be considered for early admissions and given priority consideration for scholarships. However, applications are considered on a rolling basis, and offers may be made in advance of this date. Thus, students are encouraged to submit complete applications as early as possible. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline date of February 10, 2017.
Option 1: Online application instructions
- Complete an online application through the TRU Apply to a Program website. Note that you will need to first register for an EducationPlannerBC account. When completing your application, you will need to select "Fall 2017 (Sept-Dec)" for your start date, "Juris Doctor (Law) Applicant" for your application category, "Professional Degree" for your program level, and "Juris Doctor - Law (JD)" for your program. You will need to pay the $108.24 non-refundable application fee by credit card to complete your online application.
- Complete the Law Application Supplemental Form and submit via email to email@example.com, along with your personal statement. Please note: Only two references (not three) are required. Please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line.
Option 2: Paper application instructions
- Complete and mail in the 2017 Law Application Form along with payment for the $108.24 non-refundable application fee by cheque or money order (made payable to "Thompson Rivers University - LAW").
Your application will only be considered for admission when complete. Each application must include the following:
- Either a completed online application or a completed paper application along with payment of the application fee;
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- 90 completed credits towards an undergraduate degree (30 credits must be at the upper-level);
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words);
- Two letters of reference (at least one academic) forwarded directly by the referees to the TRU Law Admissions Office (either by mail at 805 TRU Way, Kamloops, BC, V2C 0C8 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org - please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line). NOTE: This requirement of two reference letters was revised from three letters of reference on October 24, 2016.
- Any other supplemental documents that are required by your selected category of admission.