School of Trades and Technology Menu
Women Exploring Trades
Women in Trades Training Exploratory Program
Women in Trades TRU is hosting a 13-week exploratory program on the Kamloops campus that includes hands-on projects, many tickets used in the trades field and more.
This course is fully-funded and the cost of tuition, tickets, personal protective equipment, tools, parking and daycare top-off are provided.
This program allows women to participate in various Red Seal trade areas throughout the program:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic
- Work readiness skills
(Programming is subject to change.)
In each of these areas, the candidates are taught essential skills along with related safe work practices while participating in practical and theoretical labs. All classes are taught by TRU staff who hold Red Seal certification in the trade and have many years of industry experience. There is a limit of 16 participants per class.
The goal is to allow successful candidates the opportunity to further enrol into a trades foundation or apprenticeship program and/or become employed as a registered apprentice in British Columbia.
March 13 - June 16, 2023
Next Intake: Sept 2023
Applications acceptance period: FULL
Check back soon for information about our September intake
The program may be right for you if you are:
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001, c. 27) legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Living in British Columbia
- Not a full-time student (not enrolled in a high school or post-secondary training)
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program
Once you have determined eligibility, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A recent resume
- One to two paragraphs describing why you would like to participate in the program.
Call us at 778-471-8365.