School of Trades and Technology Menu
Women Exploring Trades/ Women in Construction
This program allows women to participate in six different Red-Seal trade areas throughout the program:
|Automotive Technician||Instrumentation Technician|
|Construction Craft Worker||Power Engineering|
|Culinary Arts||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic|
|Heavy Duty Mechanics||Essential Skills|
|Industrial Mechanic||Work Readiness Skills|
(Programming is subject to change.)
In each of these areas, the candidates are taught essential skills along with related safe work practices while participating in practical and theoretical labs. All classes are taught by TRU staff who hold Red Seal certification in the trade and have many years of industry experience. There is a limit of 16 students per class.
The goal is to allow successful candidates the opportunity to further enrol into a trades foundation or apprenticeship program and/or become employed as a registered apprentice in British Columbia.
March 22, 2021 - June 25, 2021
Application Period: Jan 18, 2021 - February 12, 2021
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021
The Program may be right for you if you are:
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001, c. 27) legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Living in British Columbia
- Not a full-time student (not enrolled in a high school or post-secondary training)
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program
Once you have determined eligibility, email the following to email@example.com
- A Recent Resume
- One to two paragraphs describing why you would like to participate in the program.
Paid tuition, books, tools, personal protective equipment, and bus pass or parking may be available.
Email your completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For more information call 250-574-2340.