School of Trades and Technology Menu
Heavy Equipment Operator Challenge Course (Online)
(XMEC 0732) Classroom Delivery
TRU offers an on-line delivery option for Heavy Equipment Operators (HEO) with a wealth of operating experience who want to obtain the Industry Training Authority (ITA) recognized certification. This course provides you with the ability to learn when it is convenient and continue to work and live in your own community while preparing for your Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) exam.
Your practical experience and equipment knowledge partnered with our online course, will give you the tools you need to successfully challenge the exam. Getting your ITA HEO recognized certification will provide you with the credential you need to advance your career or build your resume.
Students will have 30 weeks of access to the online subject material in order to successfully prepare to challenge the CofQ. Work at your own pace, on your own schedule, in your own home. An experienced HEO instructor will provide you with the individualized support you need by phone and email, and will help you stay on track to success.
Course Fee: $695
Five steps to help you achieve the HEO ITA Certification of Qualification
- Complete the ITA Application to Challenge Certification form.
- Have your employer(s) complete the ITA HEO Declaration of Work Experience form.
- Submit to ITA for review (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send both forms and $120 to the ITA for approval.
- Register at TRU for the HEO Operator Challenge Program at TRU (Course No: XMEC 0732)
Forklift Operator Certification
This course is designed to provide students with a certification of training that meets Worksafe BC Recognition Program criteria. Students must have a minimum of 15 hours of forklift experience. This course is not for beginners.
Course Fee: $225 (includes text)
Please contact Workforce Training at 250-828-5106 for more information on:
- Boom Truck Training
- Mobile Crane Training
- Heavy Equipment Operation and Assessment
- Driver Assessment and Collision Avoidance