TRU is seeking institutional accreditation with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, based in Washington state.
Institutional accreditation provides a framework for ongoing evaluation and self-analysis that ensures that the policies, procedures and practices of an institution are consistent with its claims and with accepted standards of quality. It serves as an important means of assuring the quality of higher education through rigorous peer-review and evaluation.
Accreditation will enhance the value of a TRU degree for all students and will provide a distinct advantage for attracting new students both within and outside Canada.
What can you do?
- Learn about the benefits of Accreditation
- Understand TRU's mission and the role it plays in accreditation
- Participate: attend events and send us your comments
- On October 10 - 12, 2017, TRU will host a team of seven evaluators.
- On June 22, 2016, TRU was approved as a Candidate for Accreditation at the associate, baccalaureate and master’s degree levels by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- TRU recently completed and submitted a detailed Self-Evaluation Report examining how its policies, procedures, and practices relate to the five standards prescribed by the NWCCU.
- In the spring of 2016, a team of eight evaluators visited TRU for an onsite evaluation visit. Following the visit, the team provided Commendations and Recommendations.
Candidacy for Accreditation is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation. Candidacy is not accreditation nor does it assure eventual accreditation. Inquiries regarding the status of an institution affiliated with the NWCCU should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
The NWCCU is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to educational excellence and improvement through peer evaluation and accreditation. It is one of six regional organizations recognized by the United States Department of Education, and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, to provide quality assurance and evaluate institutional effectiveness. Institutional accreditation is essential for assuring the quality of higher education through rigorous peer review and evaluation.