Community Education and Workforce Development
TRU’s Community Education and Workforce Development team is here to bring industry-relevant, professional, and innovative training to the job site or here at TRU in our modern classrooms, shops, and labs at our Kamloops and Williams Lake campuses. We are able to develop and deliver cost-effective and flexible training to meet your specific training needs. Training can be delivered daytime or evening, in-person and/or online, on a schedule, and at a location that works for your organization.
Customized Workforce Development
Our Workforce Development team can work with you to set up customized training based on your needs, whether it is for industry, business, community organizations, government agencies, or special interest groups.
In response to special requests we can provide:
- Flexible and cost-effective training.
- Training by knowledgeable and experienced instructors.
- Training schedules to suit you and your employees/clients.
Times, dates, prices, and course offerings are subject to change. Courses are checked three business days prior to the start of each course and if there are not enough registrants, the course will be cancelled. If the course is canceled by TRU, a full refund will be issued.
TRU’s Community Education team is available in the Cariboo, the North Thompson and the upper Fraser Canyon. If you have questions about program delivery in communities in our region outside of those listed below, please contact Continuing Studies.
Ashcroft and Cache Creek
Lillooet and Lytton
A wide variety of courses are offered through TRU Community Education: First Aid, Health and Safety, Trades and Technology, Forestry, Computing, Professional Development and General Interest courses. Some related courses and services include:
- Occupational First Aid Level 1, 2 & 3
- Red Cross First Aid Courses
- Transportation Endorsement
- Basic Fire Suppression S100/185
- Traffic Control Person Certification
- Chainsaw Safety
- Typing Tests (varies by region)
- Invigilation Services (varies by region)
- Computer Training
- Foodsafe Level 1
- Comprehensive Fall Protection
- Mobile Equipment Platform Certification
Several online work-related certification and training courses are also available:
- Pipeline construction Safety Training systems (PCST)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- WHMIS – Global Harmonized Standard
- Ground Disturbance II
- Fall Protection Awareness
- Confined Space Pre-entry
- H2S Awareness
- EdtoGo - Wide range of interactive online courses for general interest studies, workplace fundamentals, or career training programs)
- Red Seal Challenge Preparation
- Field Safety Representative (FSR) Preparation Courses
Your Community Education Coordinators are available to assist individuals, businesses or agencies with courses, programs or workshops that are customized to meet specific needs.
If you need to cancel or withdraw from a course you have registered for, you must provide written notification to email@example.com a minimum of one week or five business days prior to the course start date for an eligible refund. Refunds are processed in 4- 6 weeks through our Finance department.
Times, dates, prices, and course offerings are subject to change. Courses are checked three business days prior to the start of each course, and if there are not enough registrants, the course will be canceled. If the course is canceled by TRU, a full refund will be issued.
Your Feedback is Important
Community Education and Workforce Development is a part of your community. We welcome all communication from current and potential students and businesses. If there is a training program you feel would be an asset to our schedule, please contact us at 250.828.5106 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, do not hesitate to tell us if we can improve our products, services, or quality. We encourage feedback so that we can provide the education and training that is relevant to our communities.
Please contact us if:
- There is a course you are not seeing in our catalog and we will look at offering it in the future.
- You find a course not scheduled and we will add you to our interest list.