School of Trades and Technology
The School of Trades and Technology offers foundation and apprenticeship training in 20 trades backed by the Industry Training Authority of BC. You can also choose from career-oriented degrees, diplomas and certificates. Upgrade your current training with a wide variety of Continuing Studies courses.
- Automotive service technician
- Cabinet Maker (Joiner)
- Diesel engine mechanic
- Electrician, construction
- Electrician, industrial
- Heavy duty equipment technician
- Industrial mechanic (millwright)
- Instrumentation and control technician
- Meatcutter (retail meat processing)
- Professional cook (culinary arts)
- Saw filer
- Sprinkler system installer
- Steamfitter / pipefitter
- Transport trailer technician
- Truck and transport mechanic
- Bachelor of Technology: Trades and Technology Leadership
- Bachelor of Technology (campus)
- Bachelor of Technology (distance)
- Bachelor of Education in Trades and Technology (EDSW)
- Transportation and motive power technician
- Water and wastewater technology
- Water and wastewater utilities
- Water treatment technology (distance)
Students show off their skills in everything from spaghetti bridges to welding in regional competitions. Medals are awarded for the best efforts.
Play 18 holes of golf at Rivershore Estates to support scholarship funds for TRU trades and technology students.
New! Millwright apprenticeship training
TRU is now offering all levels of industrial mechanic (millwright) apprenticeship. Email Julie Dekowny to register.
2016 Tommie Gold Winner
The TRU School of Trades and Technology has won gold at the Tommie Awards for its ongoing partnership with the Canadian Home Builders Association on the Y Dream House.