Williams Lake Campus
Continuing Studies offers an array of programs, workshops, and courses designed to meet the demands of today's workplace and the interests of the Cariboo Chilcotin community. With new knowledge, new skills, and new abilities come greater opportunities for success. If you have questions, or would like to register for these or any of our other courses, please call 250-392-8010.
How to register
Registration for our courses can be done in person, by mail, online, or by calling 250-392-8010.
Please register early to ensure you secure a spot and the course can be run.
Customized contract training
Continuing Studies can work with you and set up customized training based on your needs, whether it is for industry, business, a community organization, government agency, or special interest group.
In response to special requests we can provide:
- Flexible and cost-effective training
- Training by knowledgeable and experienced instructors
- Training schedules to suit you and your employees/clients
Withdrawing from courses
If you need to withdraw from a course, you must do so one week (5 business days) prior to the start of the course. To receive a refund, a person must withdraw one week (5 business days) prior to the start of the course. Refunds come from TRU Kamloops by cheque.
Times, dates, prices, and course offerings are subject to change. Courses are checked three business days prior to the start of each course, and if there are not enough registrants, the course will be cancelled. If the course is cancelled by TRU, a full refund will be issued.
Your feedback is important
Continuing Studies is a part of your community. We welcome all communication from current and potential students. If there is a training program you feel would be an asset to our schedule, please contact our office at 250-392-8010. Do not hesitate to tell us if we can improve our products, services or quality. We encourage feedback so that we can provide the education and training that is relevant to our communities.
Programs and Courses
- Excel (Microsoft 2021)
- Fast Track (Microsoft Office)
- Word (Microsoft 2021)
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Occupational First Aid Level 3
- Transportation Endorsement
- Basic Life Support with Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
- Red Cross Emergency Child Care
- Mental Health First Aid for Adults who Interact with Youth
- Bear/Cougar Aware
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Aerial Lifts and Booms
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection & Ladder Safety
- Fire Suppresion S100/185
- Foodsafe – Level I
- Forklift / Lift Truck Safety Training
- Skid Steer Training
- Traffic Control Certification
- Awakenings Anti-Racism Exploration
- Basic Cook Skills Training
- Management Skills for Supervisors
- Part 1 - Interpersonal Skills
- Part 2 - Team Building Skills
- Part 3 - Administrative Skills
- Meeting Procedures and Minute Taking
- Proposal Writing
- Stepping up to Supervision
- Air Brake Certification