Tuition and Fees
Pay at the Library Centre or online at myTRU.
- Undergraduate on Campus Tuition
- Additional TRU Fees
- Administrative Fees
- Tuition Deposit
- Payment Deadlines
- Fee Deferrals
- Program Costs
|Career Technical Courses||$131.88/credit|
|University Preparation||Free (applicable fees still apply)|
|Applied Sustainable Ranching||$223.91/credit|
|Adult Special Education Training||$3,166.32/program|
|Lab/Studio Fees (if applicable)||$20.88/lab/studio|
*Less than 15 hours of instruction per week
|Academic, Career and UPrep||Vocational FT||Vocational PT|
|Comprehensive University Enhancement Fee||$6.05 per credit||$18.25 per month||$9.10 per month|
|Library Building Fund||$5.01 per credit||$15.18 per month||$7.56 per month|
|Ancillary Fees||$8.85 per credit||$33.36 per month||$14.15 per month|
|Athletic Fee||$3.75 per credit||$11.37 per month||$5.65 per month|
|Material/Lab Fee||$20.88 per course if applicable||$20.88 per month||$20.88 per month|
|Tool Tags||$2.53 per month||$2.53 per month|
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Effective Aug. 1|
|Duplicate Credential||$66.32 (GST included)|
|Effective Sept. 1|
|Transcript Fees||$9.07 (GST included)|
|Effective October 1|
|Domestic Application Fee||$29.25|
|International Application Fee||$100.00|
Students are required to pay a tuition deposit prior to registering for Fall and Winter semester courses. The tuition deposit is applied as a payment toward tuition fees.
- Tuition Deposit: $300
- International Students (continuing): $1,200
- International Students (new): One semester of tuition
The balance of fees owing are due by the following dates:
- Fall Semester:
- Canadian/Permanent residents: Aug 31, 2018
- International Students: Aug 31, 2018 (Deposit due upon registration)
- Winter Semester:
- Canadian/Permanent residents: Jan 4, 2019
- International Students: Jan 4, 2019
- Summer Semester:
- Session 1: May 3, 2019
- Session 2: Jun 21, 2019
Trade Foundation and Apprenticeship Program
- Trade Foundation Fees: Fees are due in full on or before the first day of classes.
- Apprenticeship Programs: Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
Students whose fees have not been paid in full, or who do not have a fee deferral by the payment deadline, may have their registration cancelled and their space made available to students in the following order of priority: a) wait-listed students b) new registrants from the late applicant group.
Refunds must be requested through the Registrar's Office before a refund is processed.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents
Undergraduate and graduate studies programs
a. Fall semester withdrawal before Aug 1 will be subject to a 100% refund of fees paid. Programs that require a $500 commitment fee will receive a refund less the $200 non-refundable protion of the commitment fee.
b. Fall semester withdrawal from Aug 1 until the end of the second week of instruction will be subject to a 100% refund of fees less the tuition deposit/commitment fee.
c. Winter semester withdrawal before December 1 will be subject to a 100% refund of fees paid for the winter semester. (Students in limited or selective programs ($500 Deposit) who withdraw before December 1 will receive a 100% refund of fees paid for the winter semester less the $200 non-refundable protion of the tuition deposit).
d. Withdrawal from December 1 until the end of the second week of instruction for the winter semester will be subject to a 100% refund of fees less the $300 tuition deposit, if applicable. (Students in limited or selective programs ($500 Deposit) who withdraw after Dec. 1 until the end of the second week of instruction, will receive a 100% refund of fees paid for the winter semester less the $500 tuition deposit.)
e. Withdrawal after the end of the second week of instruction in Fall or Winter — no refund.
Trades and Apprenticeship Programs
Trade Foundation Programs
a. Withdrawal a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of the program will result in a $200 partial refund of the $500 commitment fee paid.
b. If the withdrawal takes place less than 30 days before the start of the program, until 14 days past the start of the program, a full refund of fees less the $500 commitment fee will be provided.
c. If the withdrawal takes place after 14 days into a 7 month or less program — no refund.
d. If the withdrawal takes place after 14 days into an 8 month or longer program, no refund of fees for the first term will be provided.
a. Withdrawal a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of class will result in a full refund.
b. If the withdrawal takes place less than 30 days before the start of class or after the start of class — no refund.
Unpaid fines, outstanding fees, and administrative fees ($200 CDN) owing to TRU will be deducted prior to any approved deferral or refund.
Students required to withdraw or who are not admitted to TRU due to a violation of university policy are not entitled to deferrals or refunds.
All fee payment deadlines for international students are firm. It is the responsibility of the students to familiarize themselves with important deadlines and to plan and budget accordingly.
- Semester Based Programs: Students who completely withdraw from all courses for medical reasons before the last day of class may be eligible for a medical withdrawal. A medical certificate or other documentation from their doctor must be received at the time of withdrawal to be considered. A medical withdrawal provides an 80% refund of tuition fees only. Students who complete all course requirements are not eligible for a medical withdrawal.
- Trade Foundation and Apprenticeship Programs: For those programs assessed on a monthly basis, students will be refunded the portion of tuition paid but not used.
The Student Awards and Financial Support Office is responsible for the approval of fee deferrals.
- Cannot pay the balance of their fees by the deadline dates
- Who have been approved for full-time student loans through Student Aid BC prior to the start of classes, and
- Have a loan amount greater than their total fees owing
. . . will have their fees deferred automatically.
Students who can provide proof of funding from a province other than BC may also be granted a fee deferral.
Where fees are deferred for students on semester programs, the schedule of payment is as follows:
|Semester||Full Balance Deadline|
|Winter||Jan. 15 (eight and nine-month programs)|
Students who will be applying for Student Loans are strongly encouraged to apply two months in advance of their fee payment/fee deferral deadline.