Williams Lake Campus
Welding Modules and Apprenticeship
For certified foundation-level welders and for indentured apprentices who have 3000 hours or more of workplace-based training.
Upon completion of Level 3 welding, students write the Interprovincial Welding Exam. Those with a passing grade and 4520 hours of workplace-based training earn:
- Welding Certificate of Qualification
- Interprovincial Red Seal Standard
Welding Level B technical training is 16 weeks in length. 1,620 hours of work experience are also required. (Equivalent to Welding Apprenticeship Level 3.) For non-registered apprentices.
Welding Level A technical training is 8 weeks in length. 1,620 hours of work experience are also required. (Equivalent to Welding Apprenticeship Level 4.) Applicants must have completed Welding Level B. For non-registered apprentices.
Program completion requirements
- Completion of all Level B Modules: In school ( months), completion of 3,060 workplace hours (inclusive of Level C work-based training hours)
- Level B practical assessments and written examinations
- BC Certificate of Qualification Examination
- InterProvincial Red Seal Examination
Inquiries and Advising