Emergency Response Team
The incident commander has the responsibility for command and control over any emergency situation within the TRU and provides direction for those involved in or responding to any emergency situation or incident.
If required, the Emergency Response Team will be called to assist in the management of the situation. This determination will be made by the incident commander (or designate).
- Manager, Health and Safety
- Safety Officer
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
- Concord Security Staff
- Emergency Fire Wardens
- Marketing and Communications Staff (as required)
- Facilities Staff (as required)
- Counselling Staff (as required)
Instances requiring the activation of the Emergency Response Team will normally be reported to either the campus switchboard (1111) or security (9-250-828-5033) who will be responsible for the primary call-out.
Depending on the nature of the emergency, the operator receiving the call will take the following action:
- Notify the following:
- Security and/or
- Incident commander
- Notify municipal emergency services as required (i.e. police, fire, ambulance).
- Upon instructions from the incident commander, call out the appropriate members of the Emergency Response Team.
- Notify additional resource people as required.