The Writing Centre
Located in Old Main 2674
- May 14 to Aug. 9, Mon. to Thurs., 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Evening appointments in House of Learning, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 10 to Dec. 7, Mon. to Thurs. 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m; Fri. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 10 to 14: Limited Appointments Available
Graduate (Master's Degree) appointments:
- July 1 - Sept. 29 (Online Courses)
- Sept. 24 to Dec. 14 (In-person)
Open Learning students
- May 22 - Aug. 8 (WriteAway)
- Aug. 13 - Sept. 15 (WCOnline)
- Sep. 17 - Dec. 7 (WriteAway)
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, the Writing Centre can assist you by providing feedback on your writing. Students may receive help with any stage of the writing process: assignment interpretation; generating ideas; creating an outline; lower-order concerns such as sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation; higher-order concerns such as clarity of ideas and soundness of arguments; research and citation; and revision and editing. Our goal is to help you become a better, more confident writer.Register for the Writing Centre online
Book an Appointment
The Writing Centre has handouts, videos, tutorials, and web links that you can use to improve your skills in many areas. Use our resources
Become a tutor
There are several types of tutor opportunities for students in the Writing Centre: work study, honorarium, and volunteering.
We strive to maintain a positive, safe, supportive environment, and we take student confidentiality seriously. Therefore, we do not normally disclose information about a tutoring session without the permission of the student. Discussions and session information will be kept confidential unless a tutor believes a student may be at risk of harming themself or another, or there is an alleged violation of TRU’s Academic Integrity Policy.