Education and Social Work
Start from where you are now. From entry- to graduate-level courses and certificate to master’s degree programs, we have a program to meet your needs. Through our Education and Social Work (EDSW) programs, you decide in which direction to take your career and gain the momentum to get there.
Choose from many OL and TRU courses to fulfill your program requirements. You can also take post-secondary courses elsewhere and transfer them to your OL program. See BC Council on Admissions and Transfer (BCCAT) to explore your options.
- Social Service Worker Certificate
- Human Service Diploma
- Graduate Certificate in Child and Youth Mental Health
Before you register for a course or apply for a program, please do the following:
- Read about distance education and course delivery formats.
- Look at the program descriptions, which state any admission requirements and the residency requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with the course descriptions.
- Note the estimated program costs, learn about financial awards and support, and consider how you can fund your education.
Awards and financial support
You can apply for financial support if you meet place-of-residence requirements. If you are a full-time program student, you may be eligible to apply for an award, scholarship, bursary or grant. See Student Awards & Financial Aid.
You may be eligible for credit based on an assessment of your prior learning. PLAR allows you to earn academic credits for knowledge, training and skills gained through your work and life experience.