Business Co-op Students
Our Bachelor of Business Administration program is multidisciplinary, combining modern business skills with a liberal arts education.
Business Co-op students are ready for positions that utilize their:
- An understanding of how organizations operate
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Logical thinking
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Numeracy and an understanding of how to interpret and use financial data
- Self-motivation, initiative and effective time management
- Project and resource management
- A close understanding of economic fluctuations and other external changes affecting business
Business Co-op students are ready for positions in:
- Financial services
- Human resources management and recruitment
- Project management
- Marketing and social media
- Research and economic development
- Client services
- Sales and business development
- Event coordination
- Business administration and support
Our co-op education partners:
We have had great success with our co-op program and many local and regional employers are partners in the education of our co-op students. We work with companies and organizations such as: RBC, CIBC, GE Capital, BCLC, KPMG, The United Way, Highland Valley Copper, Teck Resources, SAP, and even Disney, to name a few.
The employer partners see the benefits of hiring co-op students because it provides them with the chance to bridge-in talent before they graduate, to brand themselves as an employer of choice, to get short-term support for special projects, and to build additional relationships with the university.
Normally students are available for 4, 8, or 12 month work terms beginning in May, September, and January each year. The average wage for BBA Co-op students is typically between $14-18 per hour.
For more information, please contact our Business Co-op Coordinator