A Multi-Faith Chaplaincy on campus provides religious and spiritual care to the TRU community’s students, faculty and staff. They provide an operating model of interfaith respect and cooperation. The Multi-Faith Chaplaincy acts as a religious and spiritual resource, encouraging thoughtful reflection and dialogue. TRU also provides a Multi-Faith Space where members of our TRU community can reflect, pray and meditate. A Multi-Faith Calendar is available to share when specific observances take place.
Aims and objectives
- To participate in and contribute to all aspects of TRU experience from a religious or spiritual perspective
- To provide religious and spiritual care for the diverse membership of the TRU community
- To work as a team, exemplifying multi-faith dialogue and cooperation
- To serve co-operatively with TRU’s Student Services Counselling, Wellness Centre and other support service providers
- To support and encourage members of the TRU community in their relationships with the broader community in respect of religious or spiritual interests and concerns
What we offer
- Spiritual or religious supports and encouragements
- Guidance and resources in times of personal concern, conflict or crisis
- Opportunities for companionship, prayer, study and service on campus
- Participation in educational events related to spiritual and religious insight and experience
- Celebration of holy days and commemorative occasions
- Connection with local and regional faith communities and events on and off campus.
Who we are
|Adele Huculak (Chair)||Roman Catholicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Chaudhry Mohammad Aslam Shad||Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at BCemail@example.com|
|Kerry Hegedus||Bible Truthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pat Davies||Centre for Spiritual Livingemail@example.com|
|Ani Gawa Khandro||GawaLing Buddhistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ahmed Kafafi||Kamloops Islamic Associationemail@example.com|
|Fr. Chad Pawlyshyn||Ukrainian Orthodoxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to get in touch with us
In person: Old Main, OM 1421
- Multi Faith Calendar — This is a Google calendar tracking different spiritual observances — find out if there is a celebration or observance today.
- Multi Faith Space — This is where you can find out more information about TRU's Multi Faith Space, a quiet place where you can participate in your spiritual practice.