Connect with Academic Advising
Greetings from Academic Advising. Due to Course Registration beginning June 11th, our office is experiencing a high volume of enquiries so we thank you for your patience. We are offering walk-in appointments only until July 3rd. Accommodations will be made for students who reside outside of the TRU catchment area. Bookable appointments will resume in July.
Other options to connect are available. Please choose one that works best for you!
How to connect with Advising:
- Emails – you have the option of emailing your questions. Emails are answered on a first come first served basis. During “Registration” the volume of emails is very high so your inquiry will be responded to in order received.
- Appointments – a scheduled in-person meeting with an advisor. Typically available throughout the year.
- Telephone Appointments – if you are from out of town or not able to attend an in-person meeting you can schedule a telephone appointment.
- Walk-in appointments – are available daily, on a first come first served basis.
You will want to be here when we open at 9:00 am to get your name on the list for walk-ins before it fills up for the day.
Office Hours of Operation
Please note: last available appointment of the day begins at 3:00 pm daily.
Monday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to Prepare for your Appointment/Telephone Appointment/Walk-in
- If you are a new student have a copy of your high school transcript available, if you have booked a telephone appointment scan a copy of your high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org and request that it be forwarded to the Academic Advisor that you will be meeting with
- Research your program by reviewing the Course Planning Resources
- Prepare a list of questions
- Be prompt, as appointments are only 30 minutes, so make the most of your time.