Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Health Sciences

Note: All Open Learning Social Work programs are now located under the Education and Social Work area of study.

Program nameLevel
Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate College
Medical Laboratory Assistant National Certificate College
Anesthesia Assistant Post-Diploma College
Polysomnography Certificate College
Pre-Health Science Certificate College
Bachelor of Health Science University
Transition Courses: Health Non-credit

When you are admitted to a program, you are assigned a Program Advisor who will answer your questions and provide you with a program plan to guide you through your studies.

If you plan to complete a credential through TRU-OL, please complete and submit a Program Admission Form with your application.

English Proficiency Requirement

You need proficiency in English at a level suitable to the course or program for which you want to apply. If you have English as a second or additional language, you may be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Refer to proficiency in English requirements. Please note that some courses may require higher levels of proficiency.

Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)

Earn academic credits for knowledge, training and skills you have gained through work and life experience.

Residency Requirements

Most TRU-OL programs have residency requirements, which are the number of TRU courses or credits that you must complete to graduate from a TRU program offered through Open Learning. 


Individual course descriptions are provided for all programs offered. Before registering, read through the information about distance education. It examines various topics to assist you to start and continue successfully as distance learners.

If your interest is in the scientific application of technology to assist in the diagnosis, treatment, management and care of patients with cardiopulmonary and associated disorders, please see TRU Respiratory Therapy.