Connect with Academic Advising
Important Info for the Month of June
During the month of June scheduled appointments will be available to out of town students and those with full time jobs and not able to come in for a walk-in. Walk-ins will be available daily and the Advising Kiosk will be operating for quick questions.
- Appointments – a scheduled in-person meeting with an advisor
- Telephone Appointments – if you are from out of town or not able to attend an in-person meeting you can schedule a telephone appointment
- Walk-ins – are available daily, on a first come first served basis
- Emails – you have the option of emailing your questions. Emails are answered on a first come first served basis. During “Registration” the volume of emails is very high so it may take up to two business days to get a response
You will want to be here when we open at 9 a.m. to get your name on the list for walk-ins before it fills up for the day.
How to Prepare for your Appointment/Telephone Appointment/Walk-in
- If you are a new student have a copy of your high school transcript available, if you have booked a telephone appointment scan a copy of your high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org and request that it be forwarded to the Academic Advisor that you will be meeting with
- Research your program by reviewing the Program Planning Forms
- Prepare a list of questions
- Be prompt, as appointments are only 30 minutes, so make the most of your time.