In order to support TRU graduate students, the Writing Centre offers 45 minute (face-to-face) appointments with qualified graduate tutors during the fall and winter semesters. Students may book up to two appointments per week. All appointments take place in the Writing Centre, located in OM 2674.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 60 minutes prior to your tutoring session, so that students on the waitlist can access the available appointment. If you miss two appointments in a semester, you will no longer be able to book an appointment.
We also offer online writing support for graduate students. Students may upload their paper and receive asynchronous feedback. Please note: This schedule is for TRU graduate (Master's degree) students only.
- Sign in to your Writing Centre account at: tru.mywconline.com
- From the CHOOSE A SCHEDULE drop-down menu, select the ONLINE Graduate schedule.
- Select an available appointment by clicking on a white box.
- Fill in the required fields and click SAVE APPOINTMENT.
- After you make an appointment, click "ATTACH FILE", and upload a maximum of two Microsoft Word files (a copy of your assignment and what you have written) before the appointment start time. If you do not upload a file, the appointment will be marked as a no-show.
- Also include a detailed description of what you’d like help with at the top of your paper, i.e., specific questions, or the areas you’d like our tutor to pay close attention to.
- Online appointments are asynchronous. Your paper will be re-uploaded by 11 p.m. the same day. When you receive an e-mail notification, sign in to your account and click on your appointment to access the tutor's feedback.
- Please note: The tutor is scheduled for 45 minutes, and may not have time to review all aspects of your assignment.