In order to support TRU graduate students, the Writing Centre offers 45 minute (face-to-face) appointments with qualified graduate tutors during the Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 semesters. Students can book up to two appointments per week by logging in at: tru.mywconline.com
During the Summer 2018 semester, graduate students can make an appointment on the "Summer 18 Undergraduate..." schedule. The graduate tutors on this schedule are Vera, Manjeet and Lachlan.
Appointments from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. are in OM 2674.
After-hours appointments are available from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Graduate Research Commons in the Main Library.
You will need a fob (key) to enter the Graduate Research Commons. If you do not have a fob, please contact your program coordinator.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least two hours prior to your tutoring session, so that students on the waitlist can access the available appointment.
If you miss one appointment, your account will be disabled for one week.
If you miss two appointments in a semester, your account will be disabled for two weeks.
Please note: The "ONLINE Graduate..." schedule is only available for TRU graduate (Master's degree) students enrolled in an Open Learning course. You can make one appointment per week.
How to Access the "ONLINE Graduate" schedule:
- Sign in to your Writing Centre account at: tru.mywconline.com
- From the CHOOSE A SCHEDULE drop-down menu, select the "ONLINE Graduate" schedule.
- Select an available appointment by clicking on a white box.
- Fill in the required fields and click SAVE APPOINTMENT.
- After you make an appointment, click the yellow folder icon beside the HELP? button (below the WELCOME menu), and upload a maximum of two files (a copy of your assignment and what you have written) before the appointment start time.
- Please note: The file with your writing must be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). Maximum file size: 1 MB.
- If you do not upload a file, the appointment will be marked as a no-show, and your account will be disabled for one week. If a student has two no-show appointments, their account will be disabled for two weeks.
- Also include a detailed description of what you’d like help with at the top of your paper, i.e., specific questions, or the areas you’d like our tutor to pay close attention to.
- Online appointments are asynchronous. Your paper will be re-uploaded by 11 p.m. the same day. When you receive an e-mail notification, sign in to your account and click on your appointment to access the tutor's feedback.
- Please note: The tutor is scheduled for 45 minutes, and may not have time to review all aspects of your assignment.