Welcome to TRU! We invite you to our Discover TRU week to learn more about the Williams Lake Campus and the services available to you here. During this week you will partake in a variety of activiites.
Have you received your email with information about your first week of classes? Make sure to check your email for important information about these informative Student Success Seminars! Attendance is expected at all Discover TRU events as most courses and programs will count these sessions as course credit.
The finalized first week schedule can be found below. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the material covered in the first week.
Wednesday, September 6
- Program specific orientation: Administrative Assistant, Education Assistant & Community Support.
- No scheduled classes. Last minute registration, application, textbook and other supplies purchased.
- Student services will be open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 7
|9:30 a.m.||Welcome. Know your TRU : Session 1|
|10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Know your TRU: Session 2|
|12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||BBQ Lunch|
|1:00 pm. - 2:00 p.m.||
International Students Orientation.
|2:00 pm. - 4:30 p.m.||IT & Library Access Workshops|
Friday, September 8
|8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.||
Time available for additional services:
Student Success Workshop, IT/Library Support, Faculty Open Hours
New Student Resources
Looking for information about being a university student for the first time? There are lots of great resources available to you:
- New Student Checklist - make sure you don't forget any important steps during that first week of classes
- Information for Parents & Families - is your child going off to university this year? Make sure you know how to support them during their transition to post-secondary
- TRU Lingo - learn the language of university
- Money Matters - learn about the many scholarship and award opportunities available to current university students
For more information or to book a campus tour:
International students, please contact: