Financial Aid and Awards
TRU offers a comprehensive range of programs to both assist students in financing their educational and living costs and to recoginze academic excellence. Financial support can be a combination of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans and grants.
TRU Williams Lake offers scholarships and awards that are specific to the Williams Lake Campus. These awards can be found at Student Awards & Financial Aid.
TRU Grit Entrance Awards
TRU Grit is a group of local community members in Williams Lake committed to supporting post-secondary education in the Cariboo. Every year they hold a gala, with all proceeds from the event going towards Scholarships and Awards for students planning on attending the TRU Williams Lake Campus. Generally, awards range between $500 and $2,000.
Applications are open for the 2021 TRU Grit Awards.
Completed award applications and packages can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively, completed packages can also be dropped off or mailed to the TRU Williams Lake Campus (1250 Western Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H7), Attention: TRU Grit Award Application. The deadline to apply is August 15, 2021.
To be eligible for the TRU Grit Entrance Award, applicants must:
- Be a student attending a full-time or part-time post-secondary program at Thompson Rivers University - Williams Lake Campus. First-time students will be given priority, but all applications will be considered
- Hold a 70 percent average or better in two Grade 12 semesters
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Students who demonstrate a financial need will be given a higher priority
- Students who have received other TRU Entrance Awards are not eligible for this award
The awards will be applied as a tuition reduction at the start of classes in the Fall 2021 semester. The remaining balance will be applied as a tuition reduction for the Winter 2022 semester.