2018 Annual Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Thompson Rivers University Williams Lake Campus
1250 Western Avenue, Williams Lake, BC
Join TRU Williams Lake faculty and staff in celebration of Commencement every year in May. Students who have completed all requirements for their program of study are eligible to participate in the ceremony. RSVP is not required, and all family and friends welcome.
Please note: Students who have outstanding fees or fines will not be eligible to attend or receive their credential and should contact the Admissions office.
Graduation & Commencement Information for Students
Graduating TRU Williams Lake students do not have to RSVP or register to participate in the annual commencement ceremony. During the winter semester, the Commencement Committee will come around to classes with an invitation to commencement as well as the Commencement Procedures document and Valedictorian Nomination Form.
If you are graduating, you will not receive your official credential (certificate, diploma or degree) at the TRU Williams Lake commencement ceremony. To receive your credential, you must apply to graduate and receive your credential in the mail at a later date,
Apply to Graduate
All TRU students must apply to graduate in order to receive their credentials. This is different from attending the TRU Williams Lake commencement ceremony. You can apply at any time to officially graduate from TRU and receive your credentials through myTRU.
First, ensure your information is correct
View your person and program information in myTRU to ensure it is correct before you submit your application to graduate.
- Name changes: You must provide the Admissions Office with official documentation showing a name change.
- Address changes: You can update your address through myTRU
- Program changes or additions: contact your program advisor.
How to apply to graduate
- Log in to myTRU
- Scroll to My Academic Record (near the bottom of the home page)
- Select Apply to Graduate
- Follow the on-screen directions. Your graduation date is the term you completed your program, i.e. if you finished your program in April, your graduation date is 'Term: Winter 20xx (Jan-Apr)'
Please note: When the form asks you to 'Select Ceremony Attendance', this is referring to the TRU Kamloops convocation ceremonies in June. You do not need to select 'yes' to participate in the TRU Williams Lake commencement ceremony. However, if you also want to participate in the Kamloops convocation ceremonies, you are welcome to do so and should select 'yes' here. Find more detailed information about the Kamloops Convocation Ceremonies here.
Checking the status of your application
Once you have applied, you may check back later and view the status of your appication. It can take up to six weeks for decisions to be posted.
You will receive your TRU credential in the mail.
Please note: You must apply to graduate to receive your credential, but the application does not have to be approved prior to participating in the TRU Williams Lake Commencement Ceremony. You can still participate in the ceremony; you will just receive your credential in the mail at a later date.
Graduation from your program depends on a number of items
- All coursework is completed by the end of your term
- All fees owing (finance, library, etc.) are paid in full
- All term marks are input into the student record system
- Your program chairperson or program coordinator has approved your program completion