Wellness Services on Campus
One-to-one Health and Wellness Planning and Education Sessions
Students and employees can make one-on-one appointments to discuss health and wellness related issues. These issues may include, but are not limited to, stress, substance use, nutrition, sexual health, healthy relationships, problems with work-life balance, etc..
Small Group Health and Wellness Education Sessions
As a Faculty member, one of the Wellness Coordinator's roles is to provide health and wellness education to our campus community. Health teaching occurs in many student classrooms and in many campus workshops throughout the year. If you are interested in having the Wellness Coordinator come to your classroom to talk about health and wellness, please call 250-828-5010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to talk here are some important phone numbers:
- Wellness Centre Coordinator: 250-828-5010, OM 1479 or email email@example.com. Chelsea is on campus Mon-Thurs, so please try and book an appointment if possible. (Drop-ins also welcome if Chelsea is available!)
- Wellness students are available in the Wellness Centre OM 1479 from Mon - Fri from 9:00am - 4:30pm, if you want to drop in and grab a tea, ask a question, or hangout.
- TRU Counselling: 250-828-5023, OM 1631 Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Mental Health in Kamloops: 250-377-0088 After hours phone number
- 24 hour phone number in Vancouver toll free: 1-866-661-3311
Other helpful numbers:
- Doctor on Campus: 250-828-5126, OM1461
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (Closed from 11:40 to 1:00pm)
- HealthLink BC: 811 or http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/
- Royal Inland Hospital: 250-374-5111
- Campus Security: 250-828-5033
- Occupational Health and Safety: 250-828-5139