TRU World International Buddy Program
Do you want to learn about a new culture and gain valuable experience to use towards your global competency certification at TRU? Why not try the TRU Student Buddy program!
TRU World’s International Buddy Program partners ongoing TRU students with new, short-term international students to teach them about what it's like to be a university student in Canada. As a buddy, you will make new friends from around the world and expand your cultural knowledge, all while learning valuable leadership skills.
As a volunteer buddy, you will receive a honorarium and be able to participate in many activities at no charge.
Volunteers will receive a small honorarium (will vary depending on program length and intensity)
- Hours can be used toward the global competency certificate in categories D and E
- Create an international network of friends
- Develop leadership skills
- Expand foreign language vocabulary and increase cultural awareness
- Interested in learning a new language & culture
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Must have completed at least one semester on campus
- 2.5+ GPA
- Fluent English
Application ProcessStudents interested in applying must submit their application by October 1, 2021 by using the online form below. You will have to provide
- contact information
- 100 - 200 word description of why you want to join the program and why you think you’d be a good buddy and guide
Once the form is submitted, you will be contacted for a brief interview.
Questions about the program can be directed to
Lori De Frias
Associate Director, International Training TRU World